The foundational domain of competences gathers the common digital competences for care workers and care recipients. Once they acquire these competences they are able to understand how the ICT and the Internet work and how to use it, in particular to search information, to communicate, to share, to buy online, to create contents in a safe and responsible way.
The foundational domain of competence consists of the following areas of competences:
- Technological orientation,
- Information seeking and management,
- Communication, collaboration and participation,
- Creation of content and knowledge,
- Privacy and security and
- Informed decision making and problem-solving.